Identify reasons for integration
- Student learning/motivation
- Tech to work
- Student centered learning environments
- Technology program is well planned and thought out before the purchase of hardware or software.
- A clear mission is established.
- Content should always be at the forefront. Technology enhances the content. It is not about teaching the technology but using the technology to teach.
- Make sure the technology devices work well for the teacher and all students. The device must fit the needs of learner.
- Support is available to the teacher and students for management, troubling shooting, and on going training.
5 Tools for integrating the iPad into Elementary Math
1. Math Bingo for fact practice and fluency with facts
2. Educreations for sharing ideas, collaboration, flipped learning and digital whiteboard
3. IXL.com for standards based practice, practice that reinforces concepts and skills being taught in the classroom.
4. Smart Notebook iPad App for sharing lessons made by the teacher and having students follow along with instruction and collaborative learning.
5. Comic Life iPad App for mixing project based learning into the flipped and technology integrating classroom. Can be used to make posters or picture stories, word problems, or steps to solving a word problem.