Objective(s): Write a detailed blog post in which you explain the key arguments for integrating technology into teaching and learning. Of these arguments, which do you feel is the most compelling… and why? This is not a “listing” activity, so please do not simply list reasons. Explain the reasons and the arguments behind them using supporting details from the weekly materials.
I feel that page 12 in the text talks about many good reasons why we should integrate technology in today’s classrooms. We should…
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity.
- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments.
- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership.
Even though I feel that this are all important, I feel that number one (facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity) is the one I feel the strongest about. Students who are creative and willing to try and willing to make mistakes until they accomplish a goal are the ones that will be the most successful and get the most out of learning. I love integrating technology into my classroom for this reason.